- Mirant is merchant power producer operating in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Northern California.
- The company has a generation capacity of slightly over 10,000 megawatts from 5 coal fired plants (6.800 megawatts), single oil fired plant and 7 gas fired units, both combined cycle and combustion.
- Implemented Work Management
- Reduced emergency work levels from 20+% to 7-10%
- Improved planning accuracy by 30%
- Improved schedule attainment from 60% to 80-85%
- Process improvements yielded productivity gains that were deployed on reliability efforts.
- The gains in Commercial Availability funded all project costs and continue to make a positive financial contribution.