Background and Situation:
- Client was experiencing excessive Maintenance Issues
- Remote nature of sites had led to “tribal knowledge” system of maintenance
- Little was documented in CMMS. Drawings, Manuals and Procedures were not updated and people with knowledge were retiring
- Documentation and understanding of current Equipment Condition and Maintenance Requirements were uncertain
- Ability to ensure and prove Compliance to Regulatory Agencies was in question
- Engaged site personnel to extract local knowledge
- Walkdown Dam assets to secure Nameplate Data to research Maintenance Requirements online
- Secure associated Manuals and Equipment Documentation
- Develop best practice Maintenance Program for each Critical Asset
- Updated CMMS (SAP) to leave a clear and concise path forward for their equipment
- Of the 47 Dams completed so far, our walkdowns captured 11% of critical equipment items that were not in the CMMS.
- In total we have developed upward of 2500 Maintenance Plans for all Critical Dam Equipment.
- Federal, State and Local Regulatory requirements were met or exceeded to ensure Compliance