Background and Situation:
- The plant consists of 7 generating units; 3 diesel, 2 steam, and 2 gas turbines with a total net generating capacity of 134.8 MW/Hr.
- The plant is a unionized facility consisting of 84 people.
- Unreliability is compounded by unit age, the logistics of receiving parts and contractor assistance on the Island.
- Implement Routine Maintenance, Outage Maintenance, and Problem-Solving Reliability Team.
- Reduce use of maintenance overtime by 25%. The overtime rate was 32% when the project began.
- Implement a problem-solving culture to create proactive environment for resolving equipment issues and improving EFOR
- Increase the compliance to preventive maintenance (PM) schedules.