- Grand Bahama Power Company is the sole-source provider of electricity on Grand Bahama Island.
- The plant consists of 7 generating units; 3 diesel, 2 steam, and 2 gas turbines with a total net generating capacity of 8 MW/Hr.
- The plant is a unionized facility consisting of 84 people.
- Unreliability is compounded by unit age, the logistics of receiving parts and contractor assistance on the Island
- Implemented both Routine & Outage Work Management process
- Established a Maintenance Planning Department
- Emergency work reduced from an average of about 15% to less than 5%
- Improved Productivity Captured through:
- Overtime Reduction
- Increased completion of Preventive Maintenance
- Improved EFOR