- Plant located in Richmond, Virginia and produces the bulk of the world supply of Kevlar®, Nomex® and Tyvek®.
- Sited on 840 acres with 2,300 DuPont personnel and 200-300 contractors.
- At project start the plant employed 456 maintenance craftsmen.
- Union facility.
- Formalized use of discrete work orders, work planning and work scheduling
- 95% of available labor is scheduled
- Maintained production and equipment availability levels
- $13,000,000 annualized cost reduction
- Affected a total reduction of 285 FTE from the maintenance function