- Two generating stations with nine CT units representing approximately 1250 MW of generation capacity for Phoenix, AZ and surrounding communities.
- 95 total employees; 57 operations employees and 38 maintenance with contractor support for specific projects
- Additional capacity being built to supply growing demand emphasizes need for standardized work practices
- Units are gas fired and used as “peaker”, on demand units
- No standard system-wide process or measures in place to proactively manage asset reliability
- Implemented weekly and daily scheduling processes
- Established Craft Planner position from existing resources
- All work executed and documented with discrete work orders
- Refined operator rounds
- Increased participation of operators in maintaining asset reliability.
- Scrubbed Backlog: organized /clean
- Reduced total backlog (# of jobs) by 50%
- Improved quality of documentation and use of data without investing in new tools/ systems
- Affected a sustainable reduction in reactive workload