- PowerGen is the dominant provider of electricity for the country of Trinidad and Tobago.
- The fleet consists of 3 generating stations with 23 units (4 steam boiler, 19 gas turbine units) having a combined capacity of approximately 1157 MW.
- The company was spun off from government control back in 1994 and is currently part of Marubeni Taqa Caribbean Ltd. (MTC)
- PowerGen’s outage performance in the past has been inconsistent in terms of achieving duration, scope and budget objectives
- Developed and implemented a standardized Outage Work Management Process across 3 stations.
- Three major outages completed on time, under budget and with near 100% scope attainment
- Outage overrun penalties decreased by over $1M annually.
- Increased scope completion positively contributed to asset reliability
- Three outages completed at 90% predicted cost with near 100% scope completion