- White Pigment & Mineral Products Strategic Business Unit consisting of nine plants
- Site employs approximately 850 people.
- Partnered with internal consulting group specializing mainly in technology improvement
- Focus was to reduce fixed costs, increase uptime and implement sustainable processes to systemically identify and eliminate reliability problems
- Implemented Work Processes
- Reliability problem tracking
- Process measurement and failure reporting
- Analysis and structured problem solving
- Increased tonnes produced per maintenance hour worked by 45% over previous year average.
- Reduced fixed costs by $6.2 million
- $3.9 million in Contractor cost reductions
- $2.3 million in Warehouse inventory reductions
- Increased Annual Revenue by $13 million
- Improved uptime to 85.9% from a five-year average of 76.7%